How to Download Photos from iCloud to iPhone, iPad or PC?
Every iPhone user knows how important it is to keep your most important photos and files on the iCloud so that their existence is not solely tied to the physical body of the iPhone and that these files are accessible from any other Apple device as soon as this other device is linked to the iCloud account by logging into it.
However, there are cases where you'll need to do the opposite. This is when you have to know how to download photos from iCloud to PC / iPhone / or iPad.
With portable devices such as iPhones and iPads, the need to download your photos from the iCloud and store them locally on the device might come up if you, for example going somewhere with poor internet connection and need access to those photos at the same time.
In this post, we're going to cover all different ways to download your photos from iCloud to your different devices whether these devices are Apple gadgets or regular PC.
How to Download Photos from iCloud to iPad & iPhones?
On Apple's most famous handheld devices, iPhones, iPads, and iPod touch, the procedure to download photos and videos from iCloud is almost identical in all these devices.
- From iCloud.com
- After opening iCloud.com on your iPhone or iPad browser, open Photos.
- Press on "Select" and then start selecting the photos and videos you want to download.
- Tap on the (...) button, also called "more button".
- Tap on "Download" option. Then tap once more on "Download" in the confirmation message.
If you want to download all of your photos and videos, here's how to download photos from iCloud to iPhone or iPad using a shorter method:
From Device's Settings App
On your iPhone / iPad:
- Tap on "Settings" app icon.
- Your name on top of the Settings menu will open your Apple ID account.
- Scroll towards the end of the menu to find iCloud.
- In the "iCloud" menus, tap on "Photos".
- Tap on "Download and Keep Originals"
This will automatically download all of your photos and videos from your iCloud account to your iPhone or iPad. If there is not enough storage space on your iPhone or iPad's local storage, iCloud will automatically reduce the resolution of photos and videos to fit the available space on your device's memory storage.
How to Download Photos from iCloud to PC or Mac?
The way to download photos and videos from a computer, whether it is a PC or a Mac, is a little different from how you download photos from iCloud on an iPad or an iPhone. However, on both Mac computers and Windows PCs, there isn't much of a difference in the way you download photos and videos from iCloud as all you need is a browser and your Apple ID.
Use Photos App to Download Photos from iCloud (Source:iPhone Photography School)
- Go to iCloud.com from your computer browser.
- Sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID.
- Click on the "Photos" icon.
- Click on the photos you want to download to select them.
- For multi-select, press and hold the "Command" button on a Mac, and "ctrl" button for Windows PCs, and keep clicking on photos to select them.
- Click on the "Download" button.
- The prompt will ask you whether you want to "Download Unmodified Original" or "Most Compatible Version".
- Choose the option you want and then click on the "Download" button on the confirmation box.
Download photos & videos from the Photos app on a Mac
Using a Mac, you can easily download all of your photos and videos from iCloud:
- Click on the Photos app icon on your Mac.
- Open Photos -> Preferences.
- Choose iCloud, then select "Download Originals to this Mac"
To download / upload photos from iCloud to your Windows PC, you will need first to set up the iCloud Photos app on your PC. Here is how to do it:
Before handling iCloud on your PC, make sure that your iCloud Photos app is on from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac & make sure that you're signed in using your Apple ID
Sign in iCloud & Turn Photos On (Source: Apple Support)
- Make sure that your device has the latest version of Windows.
- Download iCloud for Windows from Microsoft Store.
- Open iCloud on Windows and sign in using your Apple ID & password.
- Open Photos options.
- Choose iCloud Photos from the select options.
- Click Done, then click Apply.
Next, here's how to download photos from iCloud to PC using Windows:
- Open your Windows File Explorer.
- In the Navigation panel, you'll find an iCloud Photos icon.
- Choose all the images you want to download by clicking on them while holding the control button in your keyboard.
- Right-click, the choose "Always Keep on this Device".
- Any changes done to these photos and videos that you selected on iCloud, will be applied to the photos on your Windows PC.
If you're facing any issues applying these steps with your refurbished iPhone in the UK, don't hesitate to contact QwikFone's repair experts in London. Fixing any iCloud-related issue should not take long and soon you'll be back on track with your iPhone.
Also, if you're facing any issue with your mobile phone camera itself, whether the phone is Android or an iPhone, a repair specialist will definitely be able to determine the reason and fix it in a flash!